Party for the Planet (Earth Day Every Day) Instagram® Challenge Official Rules:
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase or monetary donation to any of the participating organizations will not increase your chances of winning. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. The Party for the Planet Instagram® Challenge (“contest”) will be held from 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”), April 1, 2020 (“Contest Start Date”), to 11:59 p.m. CT, August 31, 2020 (“Contest Period”). Contest is sponsored by the Henry Vilas® Zoo (the “Sponsor”) who is solely responsible for all aspects of the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States of America who are 18 years of age or older as of “Contest Start Date.” Sponsor’s employees can participate but are not eligible to claim a prize. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply. By participating, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judge, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest of these Official Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER. The entrant must:
- Have an Instagram® account.
- Follow the @PartyforthePlanet.WI account. This account will post “Weekly Challenges” as well as upcoming events and volunteer opportunities Madison and the surrounding areas.
- Take a photo or video every time you participate in a Weekly Challenge or attend an event/volunteer opportunity mentioned by the Party for the Planet Wisconsin account. Post the photo or video to your Instagram® account and “tag” the @PartyforthePlanet.WI Instagram® account.
- By tagging your photos and/or videos to the @PartyforthePlanet.WI account you willfully enter the Contest and represent that you have all necessary rights to gran t a license to the Sponsor to publish and re-use your photos and/or videos for any purpose without compensation and that you hereby grant such license together with the right to use your name. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CT, September 7, 2020. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor. No mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted.
- INTERNET LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsorwhich corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award the prizes using non-suspect eligible entries received as of this termination date. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO BE DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of such a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address or Instagram account name, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, intuition, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- SELECTIONS AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Winners will be determined on or after September 7, 2020 by a random generator from among eligible entries. Winners will be notified on or after September 7, 2020 via Instagram® direct message and need not be present to win. Only one winner per household. Winners are solely responsible for all travel costs that might require transportation to the Henry Vilas® Zoo to pick up their prize. Winners will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected if a selected winner fails to comply with these rules; cannot be contacted; is ineligible; fails to claim prize, or if the notification or prize is returned as undeliverable. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use the winners names, likeness and statements for promotional and publicity purposes without additional compensation or limitation unless prohibited by law. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding the selection of winners, notification and substitution of winners in accordance with these Official Rules shall be binding and final.
- PRIZES AVAILABLE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE.
Several grand prizes will be offered. They include the following:
- 2 potential winners will receive gift cards and gift bags from local organizations (each valued up to $50)
- 1 potential winner will receive a behind the scenes tour for four (4) at the Henry Vilas® Zoo. (value of $320.00)
- A Smart thermostat (valued up to $200)
- A number of runners-up will be able to select 1 smaller prize (valued up to $15)
Each winner will be able to select one (1) of the prize options. Winners will choose their price based on the order of which their names are selected. All prizes must be picked up by the winner by October 11, 2020. The prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Winners must pay applicable taxes, if any, on the accepted prize.
- INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE. By entering the Contest and participating in any promotions relating thereto, each entrant agrees to release and hold Sponsor, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, participating retailers and any other companies participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of this sweepstakes and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from any and all losses, rights, claims, injuries, damages, expenses, costs or actions of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this “contest” or any “Contest”-related activity, or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize(s) or parts thereof, including without limitation personal injuries, death and property damage and claims based on publicity rights defamation or invasion of privacy.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND VENUE. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Sponsor in connection with the promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Dane County in the State of Wisconsin.
- NO ENDORSEMENT. The Contest hosted by Sponsor is in no way, sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Instagram®.
- TAX INFORMATION. All applicable Federal, state and local tax liabilities and any other incidental expenses, fees or costs associated with the receipt or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- WINNER’S LIST. For an Official Winner’s List (available after September 7, 2020) or a copy of these Official Rules (PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Henry Vilas Zoo, 702 S. Randall Ave. Madison, WI 53715.
- SPONSOR. The Henry Vilas® Zoo, 702 S. Randall Ave. Madison, WI 53715.