WHAT IS THE ZOO TEEN PROGRAM?
The Zoo Teen Program at the Henry Vilas Zoo endeavors to connect teens to the world around them through environmental and public engagement. We are committed to providing meaningful and educationally hands-on experience for those ages 14 – 17. The role of teen participants is to develop new leadership, interpretive, and public speaking skills while working alongside mentors and peers to promote the zoo’s mission of education, conservation, and inspiration.
Through the course of the program, participants will:
- Engage in science and conservation education
- Learn about animals and husbandry
- Connect to the natural world and participate in environmental stewardship
- Discover zoo and non-profit professions
- Develop leadership and social skills
- Explore guest engagement and exhibit interpretation skills
- Gain experience in a team-based environment
- Network with teens with similar interests
- Earn volunteer hours
New applications will be accepted in spring 2020.
If you are interested and would like further information, please contact email@example.com or call (608) 283-1612.