Group Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Henry Vilas Zoo. Upon submission of this form, a member of the Volunteer Department will reach out to you regarding the opportunities available.
For Questions contact email@example.com or (608) 283-1612.
Group Volunteer Policy
Please confirm that you understand each of the following:
- The Henry Vilas Zoo does not allow
groupto work directly with the animals
- The Henry Vilas Zoo cannot guarantee volunteer placement as the opportunities are based on current Zoo needs.
- The Henry Vilas Zoo can accommodate group up to 30 people in size
- The Henry Vilas Zoo will attempt to reschedule due to inclement weather
- The Henry Vilas Zoo reserves the right to reject a volunteer for any reason when affecting the best interests of the Zoo
Attending, Day of Contact
Your group is required to have a predetermined Group Coordinator or Attending Point of Contact. This person is responsible for the safety and well being of the group members while at the Henry Vilas Zoo.
This point person will:
- Provide coordination and supervision for the group while volunteering
- Ensure that all members adhere to the Zoo rules and procedures
- Obtain a signed parental consent form for the group members under the age of 18, which must be turned into the Volunteer Department on or prior to the first date of service. All group volunteers must be 14-years-old or older.
- Hold emergency contact information for each participant, which must be on file with the Group Coordinator while at the Henry Vilas Zoo
- Call ahead if you are not able to make your volunteer shift or if you will be late
- Ensure volunteers are punctual, conscientious and courteous. Please arrive at your assigned time, dressed appropriately and ready to work. Arrangements will be made with the Volunteer Department to communicate parking, any pertinent supplies, etc.
- The group understands that they will not receive any compensation for their volunteer service