Provide a warm, friendly welcome for guests and help make sure that they have a positive experience at the Zoo
*During COVID, this role is invaluable to ensuring our Zoo stays safe, healthy and fun for our community. Greeters introduce guests to our Phase 1 one-way path and welcome them to our Zoo. Masks are required for all guests, volunteers and staff while on grounds, and this role allows for social distancing when needed.
- Staff the gate located at the Zoo’s entrances
- Happily greet and welcome Zoo guests and thank them for coming
- Introduce guests to our Phase 1 reopening changes (one-way path, masks required, building closures, etc.)
- Invite guests to support the Zoo through a donation or on-grounds purchase
- Answer Zoo guests’ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
- Direct guests to their favorite animals and other important areas of the Zoo (e.g., restrooms, concession stands, gift shop)
- Able to stand or sit for 2-2.5 hours at a time
- Able to work outside in all weather spring-fall (except in hazardous or overly-cold situations)
- Friendly and engaging personality
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to be understood over Zoo radio
- Able to provide clear directions throughout Zoo
- Able to stay calm in an emergency situation
- Bilingual in Spanish/Hmong, or proficiency in ASL, would be wonderful but not required