Our zoo is open to all, but Gate Greeters help make it welcoming. By providing a warm, friendly welcome for guests, Greeters help ensure that HVZ is a place where people can laugh, relax and have fun! Greeters are the first human contact for most of our guests. Greeters welcome guests, answer questions about HVZ, assist with guest needs (i.e. wheelchairs, strollers, sensory bags, etc.), give out animal hand stamps to the littles, and love what they do.
- Staff the gate located at the Zoo’s entrances
- Happily greet and welcome Zoo guests and thank them for coming
- Introduce guests to our Phase 1 reopening changes (one-way path, masks required, building closures, etc.)
- Invite guests to support the Zoo through a donation or on-grounds purchase
- Answer Zoo guests’ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
- Direct guests to their favorite animals and other important areas of the Zoo (e.g., restrooms, concession stands, gift shop)
- Able to stand or sit for 2-2.5 hours at a time
- Able to work outside in all weather spring-fall (except in hazardous or overly-cold situations)
- Friendly and engaging personality
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to be understood over Zoo radio
- Able to provide clear directions throughout Zoo
- Able to stay calm in an emergency situation
- Enjoy meeting new people and starting conversations
- Anyone who speaks a second to multiple languages is highly encouraged to apply. Our guests come from all different linguistic backgrounds, and we love being able to welcome them in whatever language they preferExcellent communication