Now there’s a new option for those single days when school is out of session during the school year! Join us this year for one of our brand new Zoo Mini Camps! Based on our popular Summer, Spring Break, and Winter Break Zoo Camp Programs, each Mini Camp will be based on a different theme and will offer an opportunity for animal encounters, crafts, and games.
Zoo Mini Camp Themes – Fall 2019
October 25th – Scale Tales
Slithery, crawling, and oh so much fun, let’s learn all about reptiles! We’ll get hands-on with some of our resident reptiles at the zoo and learn what it takes to take care of them.
November 21st – Feasts for the Beasts
Before you sit down to your holiday feast, come help us prepare a feast for the beasts! Herbivores, omnivores and carnivores all need to eat, and have different ideas of what looks like a treat. Come join us and learn all about different diets our animals have!
December 9th – There’s No Place Like Home
From mountains to oceans, from desserts to tundra, every animal has to have a habitat. We will learn all about the many adaptations animals have to live in the places they call home. Join us for a day of exploration of animal habitats around the world.
Zoo Mini Camp Details
- Fee: $65 members/$70 non-members
- Camps are geared toward students in 1st-4th grade.
- Hours: drop off is between 8:00 – 8:30 am, camp activities are from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm, optional aftercare available from 3:30 -5:00 pm for an additional $8 per day
- Each day includes: a science challenge, thematic games and activities, and of course an up-close animal encounter!
- Lunch is not provided. Please pack your own lunch.
Zoo Mini Camp Dates for the 2019-2020 school year are based on the MMSD school calendar.
Winter-Spring Camps will begin registration later this year! Projected dates:
Questions about Zoo Camp?
Email the Education Department at email@example.com