Wear mascot costume, working with Assistant to greet Zoo guests and provide them with a fun and engaging experience at the zoo
10am – Noon daily. Also other times as requested that may include special on-grounds and community events.
A minimum of a twice monthly commitment is required. Minimum season-long commitment is 25 hours.
Minimum age 14Apply Now
- Happily engage with Zoo guests by waving and interacting with them
- Walk throughout the zoo (except the giraffe, capybara, and lion areas) and remain visible for guests
- Pose for pictures
- Dance and move around engaging guests
- Provide high fives
- Able to stand for 2 hours at a time
- Must be in good shape and able to deal with extreme heat as this position can be physically demanding
- Able to work outside in all weather spring-fall (except in hazardous or overly-cold situations).
- Ability to have fun and be physically animated
- Friendly and engaging personality
- Able to stay calm in an emergency situation
General orientation & specific training
Volunteer outside at the Zoo, meet new friends, help create lasting memories for Zoo guests, volunteer t-shirt, volunteer nametag, recognition event(s).
Henry Vilas Zoo Volunteer Department