Education Program Assistants help children develop a love for all animals and support the vision of Henry Vilas Zoo. They assist the Education Staff with logistics and management of the Zoo’s popular Summer Camp program
Must volunteer a minimum of 2 shifts per month
Must be 16+Apply Now
- Greet campers and help hand out name tags
- Set up and clean up the classrooms and eating areas
- Assist with crafts, activities, and lunch
- Help to keep the groups together while traveling around zoo grounds
- Assist with camp check-out procedures.
- Should be comfortable around all types of animals
- Should be dependable
- Should be comfortable around children
General orientation, short additional training to gain familiarity and comfort with the role
Meet people with similar interests, build Zoo, animal, and volunteer experience on your resume, gain presentation experience, participate in out of the ordinary animal encounters and experiences network with the community; help create lasting memories for Zoo guests, volunteer nametag and t-shirt, regular educational volunteer meetings, and recognition events.
Henry Vilas Zoo Volunteer Department and Education Curator